AGONY : Emotional


A relationship which I thought would last. 
Last year, I went through a horrendous break up in my life which caused me misery for months. The reason why the relationship ended was because studies were his first priority as we were having a major exam and he did not want the relationship to affect him. 

The first week was hell. Everyday I would come home with tears in my eyes. I just could not accept the fact that it was over between the both of us. I just could not accept the fact that something which I thought would last, just ended in a blink of an eye. I could not face my friends whenever they asked what happened. I could feel the heartbreak and tears would well up in my eyes but i managed to put on a brave face for months.  The guy who broke up with me was also from my school which made it ten times worse. As much as i try to avoid him, he was always there. For months, I would lash out my frustrations and anger on Twitter. I felt angry and betrayed because he was acting as if nothing happened and would flirt with one of my closest friends. All they could advice me was "it's okay, you will get over it. time heals all wounds"... and it sure did.

During those months of trying to get over him, I watched him change into someone else. He would curse relentlessly and would act like someone he wasn't, which later I found out that a couple of his friends actually disliked who he had become and they took a step back from him. Once he tried to get things back on track and told me how sorry he was but I turned him down and I was really happy for myself that I finally got over him.

No comments:

Post a Comment