1st



My very first theatre class! :D
The day started with us introducing ourselves and I had to go first because I was really scared and also that I did not know anyone there but things soon started to warm up and everyone seemed friendly and non-judgmental.
We started with passing a ball around and shouting our names along with the number of times we held the ball and after three counts, we had to get out. Later, we went though a vigorous exercise as we ran around the hall, playing a game of tag which was then instructed to be done in sloooow mooootion…
It was a really funny sight seeing everyone moving at such a slow pace and also we looked like we were dancing to the music video of Thriller but at a snail-like pace. Then in the midst of the game, we had to freeze and stop what we were doing and it looked like Mr Rey had a time machine on his hands where he would be able to control everyone’s movements.
After that, we had to act up a violent gang fight, where everyone was pushing, slapping, kicking and crawling up to dramatically again, at a slow pace. Later Mr Rey spiced things up with a short sketch of the Vampire Lesbians of Taylors. I definitely had a hard time thinking of what I was going to put up. I thought of holding hands with a girl (since we were all playing lesbians), but i thought that would have creeped her out so i suggested to give a friendly hug but in the end, i only got to come up with “clawing”. It was pretty much an epic fail as i went up to my victim and started “clawing him to death”. Then there was a twist in the story… the guys revived as zombies and took down the vampire clan.
Overall, i had FUN on my first day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment